切片沙樂美 | Sliced Spicy Salami | CC-0498120
It is a product that, more than other cured meats, showes the differences between the several Italian regions; Italian salamis differentiate themselves according to the type of meat grinding (fine, medium or coarse) and according to the spices and ingredients (garlic, chilli pepper, fennel seeds, wine) used that contribute to give each individual type a very specific personality and shape. The shape is generally elongated and varies in size; when sliced, the inside looks red with grains of white/pink fat, the flavour is intense and appetizing and the smell clearly defined.
Meat, fat and other possible ingredients are minced together, put into casings and matured. Then, close to the end of the maturation period, each salami type develops its own typical aroma.
Some of the most renowned salamis suggested by D'Autore are the following:
- SALAME MILANO: It's origin cames from light pork meat mixed with heavy fat. These ingredients are then grownd very finely, then added same different spices and finally cased inside artificial large cases.
- SALAME NAPOLI: medium grain mixture, cased in synthetic medium size cases.
- SALAME UNGHERESE (Hungarian Salami): similar to the mixture of the Milano salami, but having a slightly smoked flavour.
- SALAME PARMA: It is made with a selection of the best meats, it has a medium large grain and it is cased in natural "gentile" case
- HOT SALAME- PEPPERONI (Salame piccante): similar to the Napoli salami with paprika and red chilly pepper. Calibre: 4/6 cm
- SPIANATA ROMANA:in long flat like shape and narrow section seasoned and medium grain.
- SPIANATA CALABRA PICCANTE (Hot Calabra Spianata): long flat like shape and narrow section with red chilly peppers.
- VENTRICINA: in long flat like shape and narrow section with paprika sweet or hot, with medium grain.
- SALAME CAMPAGNOLO: medium grain salami with same fat slightly more evident. Calibre: 6/8 cm.